Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst (m/w/d)
We are Perseus, launched by finleap, the leading FinTech company builder based in Berlin. We want to tap into the undeserved demand for the quickly growing sector of information security and insurance for small and medium businesses, starting in Germany and going global.
For our location in Berlin we are looking for a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst (m/w/d). You will play a vital role in the expansion of our cyber security team which is at the very core of our business offering. We provide cyber security services to our customers in a broad range of solutions, beginning from automatic breach and threat detection, e-Learning, phishing simulation etc. up to emergency services and cyber incident insurance.
Together with your team you will work closely with the Product, IT and the Incident Response Hotline, where you will help to gather information and identify, analyse and counter known and new threats for our customers. You will be at the very front of our research and analysis of the cyber threats of today and the future.
You should have a collaborative, self-motivated, enthusiastic personality with the urge to make the digital world a safer place, together we will make our customers and partners more secure against the increasing threats of cyber attacks.
What will keep you challenged:
- Staying ahead of the latest data breaches.
- Keep current and knowledge of APT’s and new malware.
- Review new threats and design new methods for discovering them in the wild.
- Prepare and present research both in blog posts and in conferences.
- Use current tools and write new tools to extract indicators from malware.
- Design and implement new innovative ideas that enhance the existing tool suite and product.
- Stay current on the latest tools for security and malware research.
- Design new methods of discovering malware.
- Deliver cyber threat intelligence.
What else is in it for you:
- Shape the product with your Cyber Security expertise.
- Learning and conferences budget, books, online courses, meetups, deep-dive sessions with the whole team about different areas of our company.
- Free coffee, soft drinks, fruits, veggies, and biscuits.
- We respect diversity and inclusiveness, welcoming people from various backgrounds, with diverse ideas and styles, different ways of thinking and working.
What we would like to see in you:
- Familiarity with cyber threats, defenses, motivations, tools, and techniques
- Experience extracting intelligence from raw information
- Experience using/writing tools to extract indicators from malware
- Experience with exploring the Dark Web
- Good database knowledge - both SQL and NoSQL
- Good communication skills
- Regular expressions knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Team player with passion for technology, autodidact, independent, innovative and able to multi-task
Nice to have
- Written communication skills in Russian/Chinese/German